- This is one of the most frequent questions that people ask us. The answer is pretty simple and comes from the Bible: We find authority for what the church ought to do in the New Testament, and in the New Testament, the Holy Spirit specifically says that Christians sing (Col. 3:16, Eph. 5:19, etc). Since that's the only specific instruction God gave for church music, we just sing.
- The Bible teaches that we can only be saved in Christ (see Acts 4:12), and that salvation is a gift of his grace to be received by faith (see Eph. 2:8-9), and that we receive forgiveness of sins and salvation when we are baptized (see Acts 2:38, 1 Pet. 3:21).
- That's completely up to you. The Bible teaches us not to judge people based on whether they're dressed up or dressed down for an assembly (see Jas. 2:1-5).
- In the Bible, the word pastor always refers to the elders of a church, and the preacher is referred to with words like preacher, minister, or evangelist. Our minister isn't one of our elders, so we stick to using the same words that the Spirit uses in the Bible.
- We don't have a nursery or "kids' church" here; the kids come right into the assembly with the adults! We want them to learn the value of worship along with the adults, so we always include them in that time. We do have a room where they can be taken away from the assembly if they become unruly, but we always hope that they'll be able to be quieted and brought back in to worship some more.
- Our assemblies are respectful, sober, and conservative. You'll hear a lot of Scripture being read, and there is a great deal of emphasis on teaching every time we gather.
- One thing many people wonder about is whether they will feel out of place if they don't know how to sing with us or if they don't sing well. If you're worried about that, you don't need to be. Our focus is on glorifying God from the heart (see Eph. 5:19) and not on how well or how poorly anyone sings.
- You can click here to see the order of either our Sunday or Wednesday services.
- Wednesday nights are completely devoted to Bible classes for all ages. Classes last 50 minutes and cover a range of Bible topics, typically focusing on one Bible book or topic for 3 months at a time.
- You can find recordings of past and current classes for adults by clicking here.
- The church isn't currently facilitating that kind of effort, but many of our members regularly host groups in their homes for meals and studies. It's a very organic effort, and if you're interested, you're welcome to participate! Just ask one of our members and we'll get you connected with the hosts.
Join us for worship soon!